This has nothing to do with painting, but…
BANANAS: What do you do with overly ripe bananas that are not yet brown? Here is what I’ve been doing for a few years now:
- Peel and cut into chunks. Put chunks into a freezer bag and freeze. (They do not brown when frozen.)
- Add frozen chunks to protein shakes and smoothies.
- Blend eggs, banana chunks and a little milk to make great pancakes.
- Blend banana chunks, yogurt and ice to make ice cream. Can always add flavoring. Add milk if it’s too thick, but you want it frozen like ice cream, so be careful adding liquids.
- Add frozen banana chunks to banana bread recipe.
I’m single and seem to never be able to eat a batch of bananas before they get too ripe. A neighbor told me about the ice cream recipe a few years ago. Now, after a few days of ripening, I just peel, cut in chunks and freeze my bananas. You could do this with other fruit as well, but I generally just buy frozen berries to use with my frozen bananas.